Campopiano Roofing is among select roofing contractors in Cleveland, Ohio that install and repair flat and low-slope roofing for residential applications. These roofing systems differ from traditional steep-slope roofs in that they are just slightly pitched (flat) or have a slope of 4:12 or less (low-slope). Asphalt shingles and other common roofing materials applied on low slopes will not last due to increased exposure to sunlight and water, therefore one of the following alternative roofing systems must be used:
flat and low-slope roofing for residential applications
- PVC — Short for polyvinyl chloride, PVC is a sturdy, single-ply roofing membrane proven to perform well on both residential and commercial roofs. It is highly reflective and resists moisture due to heat-welded seams. Properly installed, PVC can last 30 years or more in a residential application.
- TPO — TPO, or thermoplastic polyolefin, is a newer heat-welded, single-ply roofing membrane that costs less than PVC and offers a 10-year rating. TPO reflects solar heat, making it a popular choice where energy efficiency is important.
- EPDM — This type of single-ply membrane is a rubber-based product with a proven reputation for durability. Its seams are often sealed with adhesive and may require maintenance over time, but properly installed EPDM can easily last 20 years.
- Standing Rib System — A vinyl rib roofing system consists of a single-ply membrane with vinyl ribs which are heat-welded to the installed membrane for a secure installation. This system combines the architectural interest of a standing seam roof with the performance of a single-ply system.
- Modified Bitumen — One of the most common residential low-slope systems, modified bitumen combines hot asphalt (bitumen) with plastic and rubber additives which are layered between sheets of fiberglass or polyester. Its lifespan is determined by the number of layers installed.
FOR LEAK-FREE FLAT ROOFING, EXPERIENCE COUNTS
The overriding factor that determines the longevity of a flat roof is the skill of the installing contractor. We’ve been installing these types of roof systems for nearly 40 years! Choose Campopiano Roofing to install your flat or low-slope roof and you can be confident it will remain leak-free throughout its lifetime.